Kum Ran UMC in Gardena, California is seeking a part-time pastor/intern to serve our education department AS A WHOLE, then transition to either Youth pastor or Children's pastor.
– Job Description:
* We are currently looking for a pastor who will eventually oversee EITHER the youth ministry (Jr. and Sr. High School combined) or children's ministry under the supervision of the EM/Education pastor.
* Weekly Responsibilities:
Sunday ministry, Friday Night evening ministry, Weekly staff meeting (Approximately 20 hours at church and off-site prep).
***During COVID-19: creativity and connection
Zoom/google meet Bible study; teacher’s meetings
Phone calls/social media/etc to connect with students
Meeting with students 1 on 1 or in small pods with social distancing / masks (following state, county, denominational guidelines)
Organizing and managing teachers and staff, planning bible studies, etc. Also responsible for various events: graduation, retreats, conferences, training, missions, etc
* The pastor will be a part of the church staff and will work with full-time staff to help the church as a whole be one community with a common vision and purpose.
* heart/passion for youth/children
* Good communication skill (preaching, interaction with students, teachers, parents)
* Self-motivated leader/team player (teachers and pastoral staff)
* Flexible and open to learning and growing
* Capable of interaction with Korean parents (some basic Korean preferred)
* A current seminary student or graduate
Compensation/Salary - commensurate with experience.
Please contact Rev. James Kim or Rev. Brian Lee (sr. Pastor)
Phone: 925 209-7968
Phone: 562 505-3835
나성금란연합감리교회 Kum Ran UMC
|담임목사||이석부||이 메 일firstname.lastname@example.org|
|교회주소||3153 W. Marine Ave., Gardena, CA, 90249||홈페이지||krumc.org|