Full-Time Pastor of English College Ministry
Young Nak Church of Los Angeles (KPCA)
1721 N. Broadway. Los Angeles, CA 90031
www.youngnak.com (Korean) | www.youngnakla.org (English)
Young Nak Church of Los Angeles (YNC) was founded by a small group of faithful people in 1973. Since then, God has been using the congregation to bless many in the greater Los Angeles area and beyond. While YNC is known as one of the largest immigrant churches in the US, its distinctive qualities include – moderate reformed theology, strong family membership, vibrant local mission work, and historical ties to North Korean refugees. YNC is also often recognized for having quality Christian education. 5 out of 13 current full-time associate pastor slots are devoted to the department.
We are seeking a full-time Pastor of English College Ministry (YNECM) who can lead the group of about 80 or so college students (about half are away students who come in the summer, making the current average Sunday attendance 45). The Pastor would be asked to:
- Lead English College Sunday worship, conducted independently on most weeks
- Lead English College Friday nights, which runs throughout the academic year (August to May)
- Provide pastoral leadership for PC (the student core team), Small Group Leaders (student and staff mix), Praise and Media Team (mostly students), and Staff (working adults or graduate student volunteers)
- Build personal relationships with students and staff by visiting them on campus, at work or virtually
- Participate in and serve the education dept as well as the entire church in necessary functions and meetings
- Report directly to the Christian Education Pastor for supervision, guidance and counseling
1) Called – Are you called by God for vocational ministry? Are you a sincere worshipper of Jesus Christ?
2) Built – Do you care about building community? Do you strive to build up others through love?
3) Sent – Do you live a missional lifestyle, upholding that every believer is sent by God for His mission?
4) Preferably MDiv completed and ordained Presbyterian, but flexible; Korean language is a plus but not required
Salary – Depending on Education and Experience
Benefits – Health Insurance
Expense Fund – Depending on Education and Experience
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Resume & Photo (headshot like passport photo)
- 2 Recommendation Letters (1 must be from ministry context)
- 2 Sermon Samples (video preferred but audio ok)