DIRECTOR OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY
Job Description (Part Time)
To serve as a staff member within a vibrant congregation, working with a committed staff and gifted lay leadership in order to nurture to children, from 1st grade to 5th grade and their family, in the love and grace of Jesus Christ.
*Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recruit, train and coordinate workers for Children’s Ministry (CM) classes and events, worship services and Bible activities. Works cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
2. Provide a warm, friendly and learning environment for children and families.
3. Use appropriate child development knowledge to best meet the needs of Los Feliz’s children in curriculum selection, child discipline, classroom grouping, etc.
4. Communicates the needs of the children’s program to other staff and church leaders as appropriate. Organizes, sets-up and stocks classrooms with necessary supplies.
5. Coordinates sanitation and safe for CM.
6. Works cooperatively with all staff and volunteers.
7. Attends weekly Staff meetings, quarterly education department meeting, Church events (special early prayer morning services, seminars etc.)
8. Coordinates childcare for church events.
9. Preach early Morning Prayer services on Monday at about 4 times a year.
10. Provide a translator sermon (from Korean to English) once a month.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of Staff that contribute to the administration and life of the church.
Part time : Saturday 7am – 12pm / Sunday 7am – 2pm
(Flex time allowed, consistent with assigned duties)
*Experience : Regular Seminary student or graduate, experience preferred.